Monday, September 1, 2008

I finally did it




I finally did it. I created my own blog. I really wanted to have a place to explain my daycare/dayschool concept to everyone,and a place to put my thoughts.




I am opening my dayschool hopefully if all state inspections come back okay October 6th. I am super exicted this is something I have wanted to do for years. I want to have a place where I can reach and teach a small number of children in a preschool atmosphere. I plan to keep 12 full time children ages 6 wks to school age, and 3 part time children of any age. I am going to have a helper who has passed all state required background and medical checks. I also have someone who I know has as much passion for teaching as I do. I want to be able to teach children no matter what their age. I believe every child is always learning. I want all children that leave my program to be a step ahead. I will say that is how my name was born because I kept saying if all children that exit my dayschool could be " A Step Ahead" I would be thrilled.


I will teach the children using a different method. I believe children learn while having fun this is why I will be using workbook pages with their favorite cartoon characters on them. We will also be using games as a learning tool. I want all my dayschool children to love coming to daycare/dayschool. I do not want to be just a babysitter. I could do that out of my home with little effort, but teaching children means a great deal to me. I was in college to become a teacher and decided to take a break to decide which path to take, and I believe God lead me down this one.
I also should mention at my dayschool parents will always know what their children are doing. I am going to send home daily progress notes on all children enrolled. I will also be doing a lot of arts and crafts.
I have spots available for all ages right now.
If you want your child to be added to my waiting list please call me at 224-7908
My hours will be 6 am till 5:30 pm
If your child is under 2 call asap those spots are filling up quick.




2 comments:

Sara Beechum said...

I am soooooooooo proud of you! This is going to be such a success for you. I believe children learn so much in those early years and the fact that you are going to take full advantage of that is just brilliant! I will be putting Lola in a program when she turns three so just add me to that waiting list! I am SO excited for you!

Kristen said...

Hi! I was just wondering where you are located at and how much for a part time child. My son is 3 and we are looking for a good place to take him.